Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Week One: Blogging

So, my first adventure for 23 Things is creating this blog and making a post.

I'm Robert Lindsey, Instruction and Reference Librarian at Pittsburg State University, Pittsburg, KS.

I'm supposed to do this:

In the following weeks, you will be writing about the other 22 things. Along with the assignments that your mentors will give you, consider the following blogging prompts:

* What are your feelings (good and bad) concerning the tool of the week?
Feelings? I'm a guy, I'll tell you what I think, but I'm not in touch with my feelings enough to know how to answer this.
* Have you had any breakthroughs? Any failures? What have you learned from them?
I've got a few blogs, so this isn't new. I use Blogger and WordPress. However, there are several new things that I am looking forward to learning.
* Create links to resources, other people’s blogs, or other useful sites on the web in order to connect your posts to the wider world (even if you’re only linking back to the 23 Things blog!).
OK.
* Most importantly, visit a few other participants’ blogs and leave comments on their posts so you can start conversations.
Will do.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Robert,

    From the list of your blogs, it looks like you're not new to blogging. I'm glad you're interested in the new things.

    Rebecca Brown
    23 Things Mentor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Robert,

    Your blog looks great--obviously you are a pro! I really like how you put your favorite books and movies, etc in your profile. Did you do that on your own or is that a feature of Blogger? I'm trying out WordPress because that is what we're using for our brand new library blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MaryAlice,,

    Yes, that is a part of Blogger. Of course I have to enter the information, but it is a pre-defined section.

    ReplyDelete